It’s been another fun challenge this year, thanks to Cathy at 746Books for hosting, and whilst I originally expected to read 10 books it was great to actually manage the full 20.
The Books I Read
Here are the books that I read for this years #20BooksofSummer challenge. Read the review by clicking on the book title.
1. WHEN SHE VANISHES BY CLAIRE DOUGLAS – NG/PUBLISHER INVITE
2. BOLD LIES BY RACHEL LYNCH – BLOG TOUR BOOK
3. THE LAST WIDOW BY KARIN SLAUGHTER – NG/PUBLISHER INVITE
4. MURDERLAND BY PAMELA MURRAY – BLOG TOUR BOOK
5. BURNT ISLAND BY KATE RHODES – PURCHASED
6. DEATH OF AN ANGEL BY DEREK FARRELL – BLOG TOUR BOOK
7. ICE COLD HEART BY P J TRACY – NG/PUBLISHER INVITE
8. MURDER UNEARTHED BY AMANDA WALLER – BLOG TOUR BOOK
9. THE CHAIN BY ADRIAN MCKINTY – NG/PUBLISHER INVITE
10 – 11. THE EAST RISE SERIES BY LISA CUTTS – PURCHASED/NG
12. ABSOLUTE PROOF BY PETER JAMES – NG BOOK
13. THE LAST STAGE BY LOUISE VOSS – BLOG TOUR BOOK
14. THE COLOUR OF BEE LARKHAM BY SARAH J HAINES – NG & PURCHASED BOOK
15. THE STRANGER DIARIES BY ELLY GRIFFITHS – NG BOOK
17. AN ELEGANT SOLUTION BY ANNE ATKINS – BLOG TOUR BOOK
18. THE GRAVEDIGGER’S BOY BY R R NEWMAN – BLOG TOUR BOOK
19. CAUSE AND EFFECT BY PETE ADAMS – BLOG TOUR BOOK
20. THE HUNTING PARTY BY LUCY FOLEY – NG BOOK
The original list included the following books which, for one reason or another, had to be put back.
Untitled by Dreda Say Mitchell (Postponed) – I had this as a scheduled Blog Tour which was sadly cancelled/postponed.
THE QUAKER BY LIAM MCILVANNY;
BROKEN GROUND BY VAL MCDERMID;
WHERE THE TRUTH LIES BY M J LEE;
DARK SACRED NIGHT BY MICHAEL CONNELLEY
I will, of course, be reading and reviewing these in the coming weeks and months.
A bookish blog (mostly) about women writers of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries
writings & creations
A man with dyslexia writing about this and that and everything else!
A book lover writes about this, that and the other
A Community of Classics Lovers
Book reviews of mainly modern & contemporary fiction
Murder Down To A Tea
Criminally good reads...
Book reviews and the occasional ramblings of a book blogger
The Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival Challenge
Two Girls, Too Many Books
Book reviews for the masses!
Musings and Ramblings of a Disorganised Blogger
Blogger, Reviewer, Publicist, Beta Reader
Read All About It
WRITER | READER | REVIEWER | RADIO
No one ever reads the same book. We all react to the written word differently. The following are my opinions regarding the books I have read.
Books, travel, and other things that make life interesting
For book lovers everywhere
Free bookreviews and other free book related stuff
The Official Website for the Best Blogging Event of the Year!
And for summer days
Spotlight on Nordic / Scandinavian crime fiction... and connections
All things bookish.
Formerly known as Two Sisters Lost in a Coulee
Escaping reality one book at a time
Just a quiet knitter with an addiction to books
Reader | Writer | Blogger
Louise Jensen - Writer - www.louisejensen.co.uk
Thrills & Chills
Monthly Festival : Turn your book into a movie and get it seen by 1000s of people. Or garner FULL FEEDBACK from publishers on your novel and help your next draft. Or get a transcript video of your novel performed by professional actors.
Reading and Reviewing Books - May Contain Beard: "From Tiny Book Blog Buds Shall Mighty Book Blogs Grow" - TBBB
The place where I put down all my thoughts and observations
Book blog with a speculative focus
Reading Books That Make You Blush
Reading under the light of a Carolina moon
Book reviews for book loving people
Books, Writing and Life!
Each night I TRAVEL THE WORLD, I LIVE IN THE MIND OF KILLERS AND WALK AT THE SIDE OF HEROES
Thoughts of a twenty-something girl navigating her way one book at a time
The power of the word never fails!
Loving books and reading